Pages

Monday, October 14, 2019

Kylie's Demonstrator Blog Hop October 2019 Colorful Seasons

Thank you for joining us for our Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator Monthly Team Blog Hop! We are so happy that you could join us today for this blog hop for ideas and creative inspiration. We are a group of Stampin' Up!® Demonstrators from around the world that are taking part in training that is helping us to build a successful Stampin' Up!® business and reach some goals we have set. We really appreciate your support.

You may be starting here or have come from another blog - either way you can find the link list at the bottom of this post so that you can see every blog post and idea today.

Here is the project that I have made for our hop today.

The Colorful Seasons stamp set from Stampin' Up!® is one of my all time favorites.  It is quite versatile and easy to use.  For my card I was inspired with all the lovely fall colors.  I used Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, and Coastal Cabana Ink Pads from the Brights Collection Stampin' Up!®.  These three colors are stunning together when you use them with the Stampin' Up!® watercolor paper. 

I first used the embossing buddy on the surface of the watercolor paper to remove any oil from my hands due to handling, then stamped the leaf image with the Versamark Ink.  I then poured CLEAR Stampin' emboss powder over this and heat set with a heat tool.

Second, I pre-wet the area with an aqua painter that I wanted to watercolor.  The area that you want to keep white....keep it dry and the watercolor will not travel there.  Working from top to bottom and a bit quickly, start with Daffodil Delight, then add Granny Apple Green, then add Coastal Cabana.  (I usually will dab the ink pad to a plate and add water to the consistency I want or a drop of  Stampin' Up!® re-inkers and water.)  I then just flicked my aqua painter gently with the leftover color still on it for the splatter effect.

I am a Demonstrator in Canada and I would love it if you lived in my area if you came to one of my classes or shopped with me.  


For fun, I made a Christmas version with Stampin' Up!® Christmas Gleaming and Merry Merlot, Soft Suede, and Mossy Meadow ink pads.  Just a little note....red tones do turn to a muddy grey color when mixed with a green so this is why I used the Soft Suede in between to keep them happy.

Thank you so much for coming by today! We have an amazing line up of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators from around the world, and we know you are going to love all the amazing projects that you are going to see today. Don't miss one blog link. Remember you are currently on my page - Lisa McDonough, see who is below me to know where to go next.

BLOG HOP LIST

17 comments:

  1. What beautiful Artsy cards Lisa. Great to be hopping with you today :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this was so much fun to hop with everyone as well.

      Delete
  2. This layouy is great and I really love the Christmas Gleaming version - the colours are perfect. Would you mind if I CASE you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you enjoyed my card and would like to use it. I have no problem at all, as long as if re-posted mention of the original creator could be made, myself. ie: as seen on... Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way the colours have blended Lisa! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both gorgeous cards I love this technique. Great to hop with you. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty cards, Lisa. I love the Pigment Sprinkle effect. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, both of your cards are stunning! I love how you created the backgrounds and the colors really pop. So much fun to be hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love the 'thinking of you' card. The colours and techniques are fabulous Lisa. Thanks for taking part in our Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Eight-Wheel Classic - TITIAN Arts
    The eight-wheel classic bicycle titanium ring is available in six sizes. The Bicycle Wheel gri-go.com is a classic bicycle made in 1xbet app USA, but there herzamanindir.com/ are three variations in

    ReplyDelete