Pages

Friday, November 1, 2019

Playful Penguins are a Delight to "Play With"

I just couldn't wait until my parcel came with my Stampin' Up® Playful Penguins.  They are so much fun to dress-up in their little bow ties, hats, and scarves.  One tip that I can give you that I noticed when working with this set, because it is a distinktive® rubber with so much texture....pause a moment or two on your paper while stamping before you pick up your image so that all those details can lay down nicely.   

The colors I used are:   Smoky Slate, Night of Navy, Merry Merlot, Mossy Meadow, and Coastal Cabana.

Card Stock:  Whisper white, Smoky Slate, Black

1.  Cut the Whisper White at 3 3/4 by 5'' and the Black by 4 by 5 1/4".  The Smoky Slate is standard A4 with the fold at the top and opening at the bottom.

2.  You will need the penguin who is looking to the left and stamp him on a POST IT note for a mask.   You will need to stamp high on the post it note, so that the head of the penguin has the tacky stuff underneath it when you fussy cut him out with scissors.  (He will have to stick nicely to the paper ;0)

3.  I lived a bit on the wild side and estimated how much distance I would need between my birds. ( It was about an inch or less from each side.) 
With this kind of detailed stamp, gently tap, tap your penguin into the Smoky Slate and stamp on the left and then reload and stamp on the right side.  Yeah!!  You have stamped 2 penguins. 

4.  Remember those post it notes, now we need them.    Yeah!!!!  Put them over your images you just stamped....lining up as much as possible.   I put a little bit of washi tape on the feet.  I did not want anything to move on me while stamping.   
Then I got the penguin out that has his arms out and put him on my block and gently loaded him with color and stamped right on top of my post it notes which are protecting my previous work.  I left my stamp on the paper for just a second to let the ink set in.   I lifted him up, waited a second for everything to dry and lifted up my post it masks.  You should have 1 penguin with his arms behind the other two.    Applause!!!!

5.  For the shadows under their feet.  I used the Coastal Cabana and stamped it off once on scrap paper and then stamped the shadow under my penguins for a lighter shade.  It gives a hint of color and brightness.

6.  The bows are done in Night of Navy, Mossy Meadow, and Merry Merlot.  If you look close, my Merry Merlot is upside down....ooops....lol

7.   My new favorite set for sentiments is Itty Bitty Christmas.   That is where the "Happy Holidays" is from and there are so many more fabulous ones from Stampin'Up®

Thanks for joining in with me.  If you don't have a demonstrator or would like to learn more about our product please contact me...Lisa McDonough

If you would like to join my classes in my home I have them once a month.


Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

No comments:

Post a Comment